Here at the reasons why stopping the streak was the smart thing, or how I convinced myself to stop.
1) Reason for streaking, based on my previous post, was to learn to run on tired legs & to learn active recovery. At 20' per day I wasn't exactly running on tired legs and really had nothing to recovery from
2) The heel has to heal. 2 weeks and no improvement at all means I can't run through this injury as I have with others
3) I need a rest and I am too subborn to do it on my own. I have been going solid training and racing for almost 2 years, and not easy races, and this 48 year old body ain't getting any younger. Also, I have other injuries that need to heal also so the whole body physically and mentally will be better off.
4) Lots of time to train for R&I still, this way I go into the training ready
5) I have a new streaking goal to shoot for, my prior one was only 45 days.
6) 186 days is a long time, really.
7) Cross training is good for you. It feels great to be back on the bike for a while.
8) I may actually get the basement cleaned (who is kidding who)
So I have an appointment with a Sports Doctor on Tuesday and more laser physio Monday, that seems to help (only had 2 sessions). Till then - Pedal on...
Good luck to Sara and Derrick this weekend.... hope it stays cool....
Congrats to Heather and Brian on tying to knot this past weekend - we had a blast.