Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Shoes - ProGrid Razor

So I like shoes - who doesn't - and I am always on the lookout for that next pair - some MAY call it an obsession. I made the switch to LaSportiva trail shoes this summer, from my beloved Mizuno's and have been thrilled with them. Prepping for R&I, one of the factors I was not looking forward to was having to purchase a neoprene booties to go over my shoes when snowshoeing. The technology gods were listening. Walking into Bushtukah on Friday looking for some new socks I came across the new Saucony ProGrid Razor, the perfect combination of trail shoe and neoprene bootie, accented with a Vibram Sole.


The best description of them I could find was on Gear Junkie.

Marketed as a trail running shoe that works for snow or dirt, the Saucony ProGrid Razor has a waterproof eVent treatment and light neoprene gaiters. It is based on the company’s popular Xodus chassis, including a similar Vibram outsole and a cushy midsole. But the Razor adds an eVent waterproof/breathable membrane to keep you dry running through streams or puddles. It’s made for snowshoeing as well.

I ended up with a full size lager than normal (10.5). I wanted to make sure I had room for two pairs of socks if needed and a little toe wiggle for a hot pad if necessary. They are a neutral shoe, and I generally lean towards a mild stability, but on snowshoes with orthotics, I think they will be just fine. Tried them with the Dion's last night and it truly is a match made in heaven.

An added bonus, they were on sale from $135 to $108, plus we had a coupon for $25 off purchases of $100 or more. How could you not say no? Let it snow!







8 comments:

JD said...

Sweet looking shoes. They look like they mean business. I'll have to look at them for sure.

Kimberley said...

Love 'em Hon. You have been very, very lucky with finding gear for R&I that is perfect. Keep it up and enjoy. Yup, it's an obsession. xox I'll start to worry if we can't pay the shoe bills.

David said...

Ya know they have them in Woman's too...

Unknown said...

Awesome Shoes David! Is there a little pocket to store the worlds finest jerky?

Derrick said...

Interesting looking shoe. I saw a review on them and was wondering how they'd work. Seems like they will be a good option. Look forward to hearing how they work for you after a few test runs.

Being a gear geek as well I can relate to your shoe obsession:)

Sara Montgomery said...

You're so smart getting them early so you can do long runs in them and figure out what sock combo works best.

Unknown said...

I was looking at these shoes myself, but just for snowshoeing this winter. I will have to make it down there and try them on. I usually don't find Saucony a good fit for my feet.

David said...

Carrie,

My primary purpose for them is snowshoeing. May run a little in them but usually I will just use regular trail shoes. Maybe if it it really wet.

We were in there a week ago and not a lot of size selection available. More coming in hopefully.

Print coupon here
http://www.irun.ca/pdf/Bushtukah_coupon1130.pdf